North Woods School Announcements
Monday - April 24th, 2017
- All SSS/Ind Ed rooms are closed today. Please do not send students to these rooms.
- Do you love camping? There will be a presentation for any 9-11 graders interested in hearing about the Voyageur's National Park Ambassador Program P3 today in Mrs. Lamwer’s room.
* Track students are excused at 12:10 pm tomorrow – Tuesday, April 25th for a meet in Two Harbors (bus leaves at 12:20 pm).
* The track meet at Duluth East is on Friday April 28th at 4:00 pm (error in the schedule – shows it as on Saturday).
- Any Juniors planning to take the ACT on June 10th must register online by Friday, May 5th. See Mrs. Stark for the username and password you recently created if you don't remember it.
- Prom Picture Forms are available. Please see Mr. Kleppe.
- 7th Graders: Please turn in your money and Village Inn pie coupons to Mrs. Christensen. T
- School to Work students: March work hours are due.
- Summer Job Opp: Bois Forte Summer Youth applications for the Nett Lake or Vermilion Summer Youth Program are available now. See Mrs. Stark for an application. They are due to either the Nett Lake Government Building or the Vermilion Social Center by May 12th. No late applications will be accepted.
- Morning Mindset: Do what you love and the money will follow. ~ Marsha Sinetar
- Gustavus Adolphus College is hosting a High Altitude Ballooning Summer Camp for students currently in 8th-11th grade. It is from June 25-30 and the cost is $750, which includes meals and lodging for the week. Students who attend this camp will gain valuable hands-on experience with electronics, programming microcomputers to collect data, using a variety of cameras, planning flight paths, flying balloons, and much more. Complete details and registration info can be found at https://gustavus.edu/camps/ballooning. Application is due June 15th. For the application and more information, go to: application.horatioalger.org
- Reminder to Students: Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office. We do not want to interrupt classes to notify you of items to pick up, bus passes, etc.
- Students ages 10-15 years: “Let's Take a Kid Fishing” on Lake Vermilion is Wednesday, July 19th. This year's event will take place at Fortune Bay. It is limited to the first 100 kids. Sign-up online at: http://www.lakevermilion.com/kids/
- Cook Rec/Community Center: Spring hours are as follows: Wednesday 2:00 – 8:00 pm, Friday 4:00-10:00 pm, Saturday 4:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Firearms Safety and Hunter Education Classes will be offered at the North Woods School to students 11 years old and older beginning on May 15, 2017. Classes will be held immediately after regular school hours. Students must be at least 11 years old and parent permission is required. Class will be held May 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 with a range and field day on May 22. Class hours Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri are 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm. Class hours Weds, May 17 will begin at the early dismissal time (2:15 pm) and end at 5:15 pm. The range day on May 22 will be held during regular school hours. Parents will be responsible for picking up their child promptly after class at 5:15 pm at the school. Please sign up in the school office as soon as possible. Sign up forms are available in the office. Class size will be limited. For more information, contact Ed Franck at 218-757-3235.
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- MCA Testing (R&M) Gr. 4: TODAY through Friday, April 28th
- MCA Testing (M) Gr. 8: TODAY and Tuesday, April 25th
- Book Fair: TODAY through Thursday, April 27th, ECFE Room 100
Mon/Weds: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Tues: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; Thurs: 9:00 – 4:00 pm
- Student Council State Conv.: TODAY
- GG: TODAY, Virginia
- BG (V) & GG: Tuesday, April 25th, Hoyt Lakes
- BB – Ely: Tuesday, April 25th, Home
- SB – Chisholm (V & Jr Hi): Tuesday, April 25th, Away
- Track: Tuesday, April 25th, Two Harbors
- Piatikorsky Concert (Elem): Wednesday, April 26th, 1:00 pm, Gym
- SB – Ely (V only): Wednesday, April 26th, Away, 4:00 pm (rescheduled from 4/20)
- Boys Basketball Awards: Wednesday, April 26th, 6:30 pm,
- MCA Testing (M) Gr. 7: Thursday/Friday, April 27th/28th
- Kindergarten Transition: Thursday, April 27th, 6:00 pm
- SB – NK: Thursday, April 27th, Away
- BG (V): Friday, April 28th, Pokegama
- GG: Friday, April 28th, Eveleth
- Ojibwe Quiz Bowl: Friday, April 28th, I’Falls
- BB – South Ridge: Friday, April 28th, Away
- SB – MIB: Friday, April 28th, Home
- Track: Friday, April 28th, Duluth East (error in schedule – originally noted Saturday)
- BG (V): Saturday, April 29th, Eagle Ridge