North Woods School Announcements
Wednesday – May 24th, 2017
- Indian Education Supportive Services rooms are closed today.
- The Counseling Office will be closed until 11:30 am today. All students assigned there in the morning must report to the Library.
- Locker rooms need to be cleaned out of all personal belongings by Friday May 26th. The only things that should be left in the locker rooms are items needed for sports. If you have not turned in your school-issued PE lock, please return to Mrs. Holien by Friday May 26th. All students who checked out a lock and do not return the lock will be charged $3.00.
- From Emily Koch: 10U softball practice will be held tomorrow - Thursday, May 25th from 5:30 - 7:00 pm.
- Morning Mindset: Growth takes place when we are willing to admit there is much to learn. ~ Brittin Oakman
- Students: Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office. We do not want to interrupt classes to notify you of items to pick up, bus passes, etc.
- Reminder to all from the Kitchen: Please remember – if you have a negative balance in your food program account, they will not be able to serve the regular lunch.
- Yearbooks: There are a few yearbooks available for sale. If interested, please see Mrs. Olson before school starts or during lunch.
- To All Volleyball Players: There is information for two volleyball camps at UMD in Duluth this summer on the wall by Mrs. Sandberg’s room (208). There are also extra brochures in her room to pick up.
- All Grade 3-12 Volleyball Players: There is a Pacesetters Volleyball Camp scheduled here at North Woods June 5th – 7th. Please see Mrs. Sandberg for information. It's also on NW School website and Facebook.
- Northwoods Friends of the Arts Gallery Contest: Deadline for entries is June 3rd. Students may submit 3 free photos, any additional entries are $10 per photo. Photos must be 5x7 or 8x10 and displayed in a white mat and protective sleeve (provided). Student winner receives $25 and opportunity to exhibit or sell up to three photos in the gallery in July. People's Choice award is $50 with the winning photo framed.
- Summer Job Op: Moosebirds on Lake Vermilion is hiring for summer! Flexible hours are available and help is mostly needed in the evenings (typically 3-9 pm) and on weekends and holidays. It's a great place to work with delicious ice cream! If you have any questions or would like to apply, contact Sue or Ron at 666-2627.
- Orr’s July 3rd Fun Day is seeking royalty candidates. King and Queen candidates are ages 11 and older. Prince and Princess are 10 and under. Sign up by Wednesday, May 31st. Ticket sales start June 1st. Participate must be willing to sell raffle tickets and are responsible for all tickets and monies from their sales For more in and to register, contact Karis at 218-684-5416 or email at .
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- BG/GG Section Meet: TODAY, Virginia
- 10th Grade Field Trip: TODAY, McCarthy Beach State Park
- Track - Subsection: TODAY, Hibbing
- BG/GG: Thursday, May 25th, Virginia
- ECFE Farm Visit: Thursday, May 25th, Cook Country Connections
- BB – Eve/Gilbert: Thursday, May 25th, Away
- Kindergarten Spring Program: Friday, May 26th, 1:30 pm, Commons
- Holiday- No School: Monday, May 29th
- 2nd Grade Field Trip: Tuesday, May 30th, Doug Johnson Park
- 3rd Grade Field Trip: Tuesday, May 30th, Pier 77
- Elementary Track & Field Day: Wednesday, May 31st
- Last Day of School: Thursday, June 1st
- Track – Section Meet: Thursday, June 1st, Esko
- Graduation: Friday, June 2nd, 7:00 pm