North Woods School Announcements
Friday- March 24rd, 2017
- Lunch Schedule Change for Grade 7 – 12: Lunch will be served at 11:33 am today.
- Time Change for Track Students: Track students are excused at 12:10 pm today for a meet at St. Scholastica. Bus leaves at 12:30 pm.
- 9-10 graders that are interested in attending the Healthy Teen Conference in Nett Lake on Friday April, 7th must sign up outside Mrs. Sandberg's room (208) and pick up a permission slip.
- Blood donors are still needed for the Memorial Blood Drive on Monday, March 27th. See Emiley Hoffman or Mrs. Stark to sign up. Donors who are 16 or 17 years old must have a permission slip to donate. These should be turned into Mrs. Stark as soon as possible.
- Morning Mindset: Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you. ~ Mother Teresa
- Seniors: The last list of scholarship opportunities was handed out. If you didn't receive it, see Mrs. Stark.
- Peer Helpers: If you are interested in tutoring, please see Chris in the library.
- Both the 7th and 8th grade boys basketball teams are entered in the Pacesetter tournaments the first weekend in April. The 8th grade plays on Saturday April 1st in Hibbing, and the 7th grade plays on Sunday April 2nd in Grand Rapids. We will be holding a couple of practices next week at a yet to be determined time.
- Hibbing Community College will host a spring Open House on Thursday, April 13th from 3:30 – 6:00 pm. See the poster outside of the Counseling Office for more details.
- Juniors: The Endeavor Foundation Scholarship application was handed out. If you did not receive one, see Mrs. Stark for the application.
- Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors: The East Range Partnership Tech Ed Scholarship is available to Seniors with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and above planning to pursue a technical education degree at a 2 year or 4 year college. See Mrs. Stark ASAP for the application. Applications are due March 29th.
- Seniors planning to attend Mesabi Range Community and Technical College next fall can pick up scholarship information in the Counseling Office. This scholarship application is due May 1st.
- Reminder to Students: Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office. We do not want to interrupt classes to notify you of items to pick up, bus passes, etc.
- Cook Rec/Community Center: Spring hours are as follows: Wednesday 2:00 – 8:00 pm, Friday 4:00-10:00 pm, Saturday 4:00 – 10:00 pm.
- Cook Youth Baseball Sign-up Nights will be held at the Cook Community Center on Wednesday, March 29th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm and Friday, March 31st from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Deadline for sign-up is April 10th. This is for all children ages 5-14 as of August 1st.
- Cook Youth Baseball is looking for umpires to add to list. Pay is $20-25 per Peewee or Little League game. If you are interested, please email Mrs. Panichi at email@example.com
- Info brochures on Camp Chicagami summer camp adventures for students entering grades 1 through 9 this fall is in the wooden rack outside the library.
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- End of Q3: TODAY
- BBB – State Tourney Game: TODAY, NW vr. Goodhue, 2:00 pm, Target Center
- Track Meet: TODAY, St. Scholastica - Indoor
- Prairie Fire Dress Rehearsal: TODAY, 1:30 pm, Commons
- Prairie Fire Public Performance: TODAY, 7:00 pm, Commons