Dear Kindergarten Families,
Although uncertainty lingers among us all, ISD 2142 promises to deliver love and support to all students and families during this time. School is closed through March 30 while teachers plan for distance learning if necessary. I will be in touch and will communicate with you the plan moving forward. Until then, hunker down, read, play games, get outside and enjoy your family time together. Stay healthy and I'll talk to you soon!
Ms. Wilenius email@example.com
North Woods Kindergarten
Always feel free to contact me! I appreciate hearing from you!
School: 666-5221 x5103
For Your Information...
Please send your Box Tops for Education in to earn money for our school! J Box tops can be sent in a Ziploc baggie!
- Please remember to send a snack with your child each day! J
- Water bottles can come back to school every Monday. It’s nice to have them to hydrate our learning brains and bodies!! J J J
The Seven Mindsets
What do the world’s happiest and most successful people have in common? It’s how they think! In kindergarten we learn and activate success strategies and empower ourselves to live the lives of our dreams through our seven mindsets.
- Everything Is Possible--Dream Big, Embrace Creativity, Think Positive, Act and Adjust
- Passion First--Focus on Strengths, Explore Your Interests, Make a Stand, Be Authentic
- We are Connected--Embrace Everyone, Maximize Positive Relationships, Build Your Dream Team, Lead With Value
- 100% Accountable--Own Your Life, Overcome Limiting Beliefs, Focus Your Energy, Grow Through Life
- Attitude of Gratitude--Treasure Yourself, Be More Grateful, Thank it Forward, Elevate Your Perspective
- Live to Give--Stretch Yourself, Make a Difference, Receive Gracefully, Leave a Legacy
- The Time is Now--Embrace Every Moment, Get in the Zone, Let Yourself be Vulnerable, Act on Purpose
Notes from home are needed for all after school and/or bus changes!! Because your note goes to the office, PLEASE be sure the note includes:
- Teacher Name
- Child’s first and last name
- Date of bus change
- Parent/Guardian Signature
- Please remember to send your child with appropriate outdoor clothing. Students WILL go outside every day for recess (sometimes phy. ed. also!) unless of rain. The playground can be windy and cold! It is important that they are dressed for the weather! Thank you!
- **SNACK** We have snack time in our room every day. Please send a nutritious snack in your child’s backpack daily. All kindergarten students get FREE milk at snack time
- School Spirit- Students are encouraged to wear Grizzly colors every Friday to show your school spirit! We have a great school store offering a variety of Grizzly clothing! You can also place orders online at the following address!!
- “Show and Tell” is an exciting event in kindergarten! Books, games, toys, insects, rocks, photos, etc. that are special to your child are all great examples of items he/she may bring. Please do not send any toy guns or other toys that simulate various types of weapons. Also, please do not send valuable or highly breakable things to school…you’d be surprised what those backpacks go through on the school bus! During Show and Tell, your child learns about questioning, critical thinking, problem solving, as well as language skills. It is also a “feel good” time of the day to share about themselves and what they are proud of!
- Looking for fun websites to try at home? Try some of these!