Dear Kindergarten Families,
Welcome to North Woods Kindergarten! I am so excited to work with you and help your child have a wonderful experience! Kindergarten is an amazing time. Your child will learn and grow so much this year, and I look forward to being part of the journey!
Your Kindergarten journey will begin with an individual conference that will be scheduled September 3rd or 4th. The first full day of Kindergarten will be on Thursday, September 5th, 2019. This conference will last approximately 30 minutes and will give us the opportunity to meet each other, answer questions, and go over paperwork and goals. I will also reserve a portion of the conference to meet with your child one-on-one.
The North Woods Open House is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, August 29th, 2019 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Please bring your child’s supplies to the Open House. We will have sign up sheets to schedule your child’s conference at that time.
Since we will be busy with conferences the first two days of school, your child’s first full day of school will be Thursday, September 5th, 2019.
Have a great rest of the summer and I look forward to meeting with you and working with your child. We are going to have a super year of Kindergarten! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
See you soon! J
Ms. Wilenius J firstname.lastname@example.org
North Woods Kindergarten
Always feel free to contact me! I appreciate hearing from you!
School: 666-5221 x5103
For Your Information...
Please send your Box Tops for Education in to earn money for our school! J Box tops can be sent in a Ziploc baggie!
- Please remember to send a snack with your child each day! J
- Water bottles can come back to school every Monday. It’s nice to have them to hydrate our learning brains and bodies!! J J J
The Seven Mindsets
What do the world’s happiest and most successful people have in common? It’s how they think! In kindergarten we learn and activate success strategies and empower ourselves to live the lives of our dreams through our seven mindsets.
- Everything Is Possible--Dream Big, Embrace Creativity, Think Positive, Act and Adjust
- Passion First--Focus on Strengths, Explore Your Interests, Make a Stand, Be Authentic
- We are Connected--Embrace Everyone, Maximize Positive Relationships, Build Your Dream Team, Lead With Value
- 100% Accountable--Own Your Life, Overcome Limiting Beliefs, Focus Your Energy, Grow Through Life
- Attitude of Gratitude--Treasure Yourself, Be More Grateful, Thank it Forward, Elevate Your Perspective
- Live to Give--Stretch Yourself, Make a Difference, Receive Gracefully, Leave a Legacy
- The Time is Now--Embrace Every Moment, Get in the Zone, Let Yourself be Vulnerable, Act on Purpose
Notes from home are needed for all after school and/or bus changes!! Because your note goes to the office, PLEASE be sure the note includes:
- Teacher Name
- Child’s first and last name
- Date of bus change
- Parent/Guardian Signature
- Please remember to send your child with appropriate outdoor clothing. Students WILL go outside every day for recess (sometimes phy. ed. also!) unless of rain. The playground can be windy and cold! It is important that they are dressed for the weather! Thank you!
- **SNACK** We have snack time in our room every day. Please send a nutritious snack in your child’s backpack daily. All kindergarten students get FREE milk at snack time
- School Spirit- Students are encouraged to wear Grizzly colors every Friday to show your school spirit! We have a great school store offering a variety of Grizzly clothing! You can also place orders online at the following address!!
- “Show and Tell” is an exciting event in kindergarten! Books, games, toys, insects, rocks, photos, etc. that are special to your child are all great examples of items he/she may bring. Please do not send any toy guns or other toys that simulate various types of weapons. Also, please do not send valuable or highly breakable things to school…you’d be surprised what those backpacks go through on the school bus! During Show and Tell, your child learns about questioning, critical thinking, problem solving, as well as language skills. It is also a “feel good” time of the day to share about themselves and what they are proud of!
- Looking for fun websites to try at home? Try some of these!